University | 9:31 am | February 10, 2012 | By Gavan Gideon

O’Reilly Factor takes critical look at Sex Week

The O'Reilly Factor reports on Sex Week.
The O'Reilly Factor reports on Sex Week. Photo by YouTube.

Fox News offered a fair and balanced report on Sex Week 2012 in a Thursday segment on the O’Reilly Factor.

Jesse Watters, a producer for Bill O’Reilly’s show, spun a few interviews of Yalies into an insightful look at Sex Week. His short segment features students — representing a broad cross section of the campus community — forced to justify the place of a controversial sex education program in an ever-changing world.

In the segment, Watters struggles to understand college life at Yale. In an attempt to relate to one female student, an interview ends abruptly after the Fox producer and Trinity graduate claims, “When I was in college, every week was Sex Week.” The student appears visibly miffed and walks away.

Unfortunately, most Yalies missed the Tuesday descent of O’Reilly’s gang to Yale’s campus. Next time, we’ll have to be sure we take a break from Yeats and do more to flatter the number one network in cable news.

• hmeiers

I assume that this article is written with a sarcastic tone and is not being serious. There was NOTHING fair and balanced about that “report”. Fox made no attempt to really report what sex week was about. Its agenda was to make Yale look bad. For those viewing the report who didn’t know the purpose of the week it gave a totally false impression. This is so typical of Fox. If you as a reporter think this is fair and balanced, then you need to do some research into sex week and what it is about and then reconsider whether when you view the Fox “news” story you ever are given that information. You shouldn’t be reporting on something that you haven’t researched first and give an opinion about another news story that failed to do the same thing. Both are shoddy journalism. Yale is better than that.

• Yale12
  • bengoggin

What’s a Yalie?

• Pingback: Mckinley Delapena

• Pingback: URL