THE NEWS

• Though Yale-NUS is in the midst of recruiting faculty and students, the jointly-run liberal arts college has yet to solidify plans for the upper echelons of its administration. Current plans for the Yale-NUS administration call for six top officials — the president, three vice presidents and two deans. Since the college will open in less than two years, administrators at Yale and the National University of Singapore have staggered the hiring process in order to prioritize the most pressing positions.
  • Information Technology Services is testing a new mobile Classesv2 website that allows students to check syllabi and course readings on their smart phones. Between Jan. 26 through Feb. 3, over 600 students opted to evaluate the alpha version of the site through a survey on ClassesV2, said David Hirsch, associate director of the Center for Media and Instructional Innovation. Depending on student interest, Hirsch said access to the site may be extended students beyond those testing it.
  • For the past month, the Elm City’s top public safety officials have met every Tuesday morning at the New Haven Police Department’s Union Avenue headquarters for “CompStat,” a new means for holistically tackling crime pioneered by NHPD Chief Dean Esserman.

At the weekly CompStat meetings, the managers of each of New Haven’s 10 policing districts report crime trends to the rest of the department and other local, state and federal officials with the goal of identifying patterns and brainstorming solutions.

THE WEATHER

High of 38 degrees, low of 25 degrees, chance of snow.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Steelcut Oats, Waffle Bar, Honey Rosemary Scone

Lunch: Creamy Tomato & Roasted Garlic Soup, Goulash Soup, Tofu Provencal, Chicken Parmigiana, Broccoli & Cheese Pasta, Pho Noodle Bowl Bar, Beef Lo Mein, Stewed Red Beans Sofrito (Peanut Oil), Sardinian Baked Eggplant, Spinach with Cinnamon Citrus Vinaigrette, Insalata Di Farro, Marinated Green Bean Salad, Magic Bar, Butterscotch Cookie

Dinner: Wheatberry Pilaf, Miso Glazed Whole Roasted Salmon, “Old Country” Porketta, Cellentani With Beans Spinach & Cheese, Pho Noodle Bowl Bar, Fresh Broccoli & Cauliflower, Spinach with Cinnamon Citrus Vinaigrette, Insalata Di Farro, Marinated Green Bean Salad, Oreo Cheesecake Kiss

In Commons

Breakfast: Steelcut Oats, Banana-Walnut Dairyless Pancakes, Waffle Bar, Omelets To-Order, Cage-Free Scrambled Egg Whites, Cage-Free Scrambled Eggs, Red Bliss Home Fries, Honey Rosemary Scone

Lunch: Chicken Gumbo Soup, Cream Of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, Chicken Souvlaki, Felafel With Tahini Dressing, Puttanesca Sauce, Penne, Organic Tomato Sauce, Chefs Choice All-Natural Burger, Herb Marinated Chicken Breast, Garden Burger, Chinese Marinated Tofu, Pepperoni Pizza, Chef’s Choice Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Tofu Curry, Vegetable Lo Mein, Chicken & Broccoli, Vegetable Fried Rice, Jasmine Rice, Garden Salad Pocket Sandwich, Chef’s Choice Fries, Rice Pilafi, Roasted Local Summer Squash, Insalata Di Farro, Marinated Green Bean Salad, Magic Bar, Butterscotch Cookie