Make love, not war. Five minutes into Professor Anthony Esolen’s True Love Week speech on “The Person as a Gift,” about 50 attendees staged a “kiss-in.” As Esolen delivered a line blaming the sexual revolution for cultural degradation, one attendee’s cell phone began playing the Diana Ross classic “I’m Coming Out.” At that point, around 12 couples, straight and gay alike, rose to their feet and began to kiss. Others looked on and cheered. After about a minute, attendees spilled out of the previously packed WLH 116, leaving around 20 people in the room.

Get ’em next year. Destin “Dez” Duron ’14 appeared in the audition rounds of the TV show “The Voice,” in which judges cannot see the contestants and instead select who advances based only on the vocal skills. None of the four judges selected Duron, something judge Christina Aguilera said she regretted. “I’m so angry right now. I’m so angry right now,” Aguilera said, pointing out that Duron is “adorable.”

One love. The Morse dining hall celebrated Bob Marley’s birthday on Monday by playing a selection of his music, including “Jammin.” He would have been 67.

Gown meets town. In a Monday interview with the News, Yale College Dean Mary Miller said she would like to have newly appointed New Haven Police Department Chief Dean Esserman teach a residential college seminar in fall 2012.

Surprised? According to a list posted to the Huffington Post on Monday, Quinnipiac is one of the nation’s best schools for socially awkward students. Boston University and Carnegie Mellon made the list, as well; Harvard was nowhere to be found.

Radical honesty. Mayor John DeStefano Jr. just released his annual evaluations of seven high-ranking city officials for 2011, describing the strengths and weaknesses he saw in each of his employees. In one evaluation, released to the New Haven Independent on Friday, DeStefano told social services czar Chisara Asomugha that her performance over the past year had been “mixed.”

Surfing CT? The legendary Beach Boys will bring their 50th anniversary reunion tour to Mohegan Sun in May, the venue told the New Haven Register on Monday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1943 Following the leads of the Harvard Crimson, Brown Herald and Daily Dartmouth, the Daily Princetonian announces plans to suspend publication for the duration of the war. The Princetonian’s announcement makes the News the only Ivy League daily still in publication.