Tear down this gate? A raucous debate erupted near Toad’s Place Wednesday night as a group of concerned citizens protested the apparent construction of a gate blocking off Morse and Stiles Colleges from Toad’s and York Street. Claiming the construction workers (possible Pundits) were only allowing white people to pass, the enraged protesters (or perhaps Pundits) attempted to obtain 1,000 signatures on a petition to stop the gate’s construction.

Bundle up. It looks like winter may be here to stay — temperatures are not expected to rise above 33 degrees today, and snow is likely today and tomorrow.

Always viral. YouTube sensation Sam Tsui ’11 was featured in a compilation video of over 70 YouTube artists performing lines from Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep.” Tsui enters at 1:54 and sings “we could have had it all” for six seconds.

In memoriam. WTNH weatherman Mel Goldstein, known as “Dr. Mel,” died on Wednesday after a battle with multiple myeloma. The 66-year-old served as chief meteorologist for WTNH for 25 years. He is survived by his wife and two daughters. A funeral will be held on Friday at New Haven’s Robert E. Shure Funeral Home.

Solidarity. Following the lead of Wikipedia and Google, the Yale College Democrats placed a thick black bar over their logo on Wednesday in protest of the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act, known as SOPA and PIPA, currently under consideration in the U.S. Congress.

Operation Ivy League. Just over a year after five Columbia students were busted for running a drug ring out of the school’s dorms and fraternities, the last of the five has pleaded guilty. The students received sentences of varying severity. One, convicted of dealing cocaine, spent six months in jail; another, accused of selling Adderall, will be allowed to plea to a drug misdemeanor in a year if he completes 300 hours of community service.

Spotless. Yale urologist Amichai Kilchevsky published a study in the most recent Journal of Sexual Medicine claiming that the “Grä fenberg Spot,” a small erogenous zone of the female sex organ that supposedly triggers intense pleasure, does not actually exist.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

2001 Two Yale physics professors are robbed at gunpoint by two male suspects on Prospect Street near the Yale Divinity School. Meanwhile, 19-year-old Jason Moody dies after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds.

CORRECTION: Jan. 19 An earlier version of this article misstated the name of the Stop Online Piracy Act.