The directors of Sex Week 2012 announced that University administrators have approved their plans for a revamped Sex Week, which will take place from Feb. 4-14.

The administrative approval came on Dec. 20, Sex Week Director Connie Cho ’13 said. The go-ahead comes after a report released last November by the Advisory Committee on Campus Climate recommended that Yale administrators ban Sex Week from using Yale’s name or facilities because of concerns that the event had strayed from its original purpose. In response, Levin said that he would give event directors the opportunity to draft a proposal that “might warrant continuation” of the event on campus.

Organizers submitted their proposal in December and asked that administrators respond before the end of the fall semester. In an interview last month, Cho said that directors would “look at the balance of events really hard to make sure that the events are relevant to Yale students.”

One guest is confirmed — Rhodes Scholar and prominent lawyer Ann Olivarius ’77 LAW ’86 SOM ’86 will deliver the keynote address, according to a press release. Olivarius was a plaintiff in Alexander v. Yale, a 1980 legal case in which a group of Yale students sued the University for its failure to provide a centralized procedure for sexual harassment cases. She will talk about the role of sexual education and discourse in preventing sexual violence, the press release stated.

Sex Week 2012 will officially run as a project of the Sexual Literacy Coalition. The approval means it can use campus facilities for its events.