Two Yalies walked away with Golden Globe awards last night, proving once again that Yale’s finest artistes aren’t always doomed to starvation in Brooklyn.

Meryl Streep DRA ’74 — who, with 26 Golden Globe nominations and 16 Academy Award nominations over her acting career, is the most-nominated actress of all time — was crowned best actress in a drama for her role as former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.

“I’ve got to thank everybody in England that let me come and trample over their history,” Streep said as she accepted her eighth Golden Globe. (She also swore, and later apologized, when she could not read her prepared speech because she forgot her glasses at the table. You Yalie you!)

Claire Danes ’02, who went here for two years before dropping out to focus on acting, won best actress in a TV drama for her performance in Showtime’s Homeland, where she plays a CIA agent. Danes has previously won Golden Globes for her roles in the made-for-television movie “Temple Grandin” and the formative TV drama “My So-Called Life.”

Martin Scorsese, who was on campus last May to receive an honorary degree, took home his third Golden Globe award for best director for his work on the magical “Hugo.”

Jodie Foster ’85, David Duchovny GRD ’87, and Paul Giamatti ’89 DRA ’94 were also nominated for Golden Globes this year. If we missed anyone, leave a comment to let us know! Seriously, we’re building an Excel spreadsheet of famous Yalies.