January 5th, 2012 | Culture

Franco OMG ’16 to publish first novel on Amazon

James Franco, formerly GRD '16, will not be hosting this weekend's Academy Awards, praise heavens.
James Franco, formerly GRD '16, will not be hosting this weekend's Academy Awards, praise heavens. Photo by Ryan Nees.

After James Franco’s GRD ’16 first book, a collection of stories called “Palo Alto,” racked up three stars out of five on Amazon, Yale’s most famous English grad student is back for another round.

The Oscar-nominated actor has sold his debut novel “Actors Anonymous” to Amazon Publishing, Reuters reported this week. The novel, planned for release in 2013, is said to tell a semi-fictionalized story of Franco’s time as an actor.

Franco is one of a number of author-celebs to forgo traditional publishing houses and post directly to Amazon — he joins the ranks of self-help expert Timothy Ferris and meditation guru Deepak Chopra, the Huffington Post reported.

Before Actors Anonymous, Franco will release his second book later this year, a description of a 2010 art show the actor helped curate that’s slated to be called “James Franco: Dangerous Book Four Boys.” This book should be out in April, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Maybe Franco’s semi-autobiographical novel will discuss his time at Yale. Maybe he’ll lament that uncomfortably public bathroom outside Linsly-Chittenden 102, or rave about how much he loves the Chapel Street Starbucks. We can only hope — that Starbucks rocks.