There was no repeat of last season’s magic as the women’s basketball team (5–6, 0–0 Ivy) fell to Florida State in Tallahassee on Wednesday, 92–58.

A year ago Yale pulled off the biggest upset in team history and notched its first victory against a ranked opponent when it stunned the Seminoles, 91–85, in New Haven, but the Bulldogs were unable to replicate that performance this year.

Five players scored in double figures for the Seminoles, and FSU junior guard Alexa Deluzio scored 15 of her team-leading 20 points in the first half. Florida State also came away with a 60-8 points-in-the-paint differential over the Elis and outpaced the normally transition-oriented Yale team all the way to an 18–0 edge in fast break points.

Forward Janna Graf ’14 led the Bulldogs in scoring with 18 and recorded the first nine points for the Elis. Overall, however, the team struggled from the field, shooting only 25.8 percent for the night.

The Bulldogs are 1–3 in their last four contests, losing close games to Boston University and Quinnipiac in the last two weeks.

With conference play beginning at Brown in two weeks, the Elis are looking to snap their two-game losing streak on New Year’s Day at home against Army. Tip-off is slated for 4:00 p.m.