Deputy Provost Stephanie Spangler has been chosen to oversee Title IX compliance at the University, Provost Peter Salovey announced in a Monday email to the News.

Spangler will be responsible for supervising and training Title IX coordinators at each of the University’s schools and “assessing the campus climate with respect to gender,” Salovey said. The University currently has 15 Title IX coordinators across the college and graduate and professional schools.

“Stephanie Spangler has been involved for many years as one of the University’s experts on various aspects of compliance — from research misconduct to laboratory safety to the protection of human subjects to the confidentiality of health information,” Salovey said. “She will now include sexual misconduct in her portfolio, having already assisted the University in this domain on a case-by-case basis.”

The appointment comes after President Richard Levin released the report of the Advisory Committee on Campus Climate last Thursday, which recommended increased training for Title IX coordinators and better communication to the community about their roles. The coordinators for each school are now listed on a new sexual misconduct response website the University unveiled along with the report.

Spangler is currently deputy provost for health affairs and associate vice president for West Campus planning and program development.

GAVAN GIDEON