Joining the ranks of cute new shops in New Haven this fall is Chocopologie. This Parisian-esque patisserie brings a welcome new kind of store and atmosphere to the area surrounding Yale campus.

The assortment of chocolates is a veritable smorgasbord of treats. Offering creative flavors from lavender caramel to pumpkin pie truffles, Chocopologie has options for every kind of taste. I tried the sea salt caramel and white chocolate coconut — two of their most popular chocolates — as well as white chocolate strawberry and pistachio truffles (all $2.50 each). The best was the sea salt caramel, which had the perfect texture for a truffle. The caramel was not sticky or gooey, and had the rich taste that reminds you that it is freshly made. And the sea salt added a dimension to the taste that elevated the truffle to the best of the chocolates.

The white chocolate coconut was almost as delicious. Each element was obviously individually tasty, but when they came together it made for a very enjoyable two bites.

The other two truffles were tasty, but had some issues. Both the pistachio and the white chocolate strawberry truffles suffered the same fate — the inside was too heavy but light on flavor, weighing down the chocolate without adding anything particularly tasty. They were still good, but next time I’ll probably just get another sea salt caramel instead.

Even though Chocopologie is a chocolate shop, it offers more than just the truffles. Upon entering the cozy shop, the first thing that caught my eye were the pastries, cupcakes and pies that they offered. From something called a “snickers” pastry to a piece of pumpkin pie, the shop offers a diverse menagerie of baked goods as well. I tried the raspberry bavarian dessert ($5.98), a favorite of the man behind the counter. It soon became one of my favorites as well: the creamy inside was rich and flavorful, the raspberries on top added a freshness to the prepared tart, the thin coating of chocolate complemented the inside and the layer of cake beneath the cream well both texturally and taste-wise. All in all, it was very filling but well-worth it.

The chocolates and baked goods are made fresh daily, shipped from the larger flagship Chocopologie in South Norwalk. Chocoplogie opened this past Friday and is open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is located next to the Little Salad Shop on High Street.