¡Ay! Competition. Food truck Ay! Arepa has arrived on York Street. Its menu may appear similar to ¡Ay! Salsa’s, and for good reason: its owner and chef, Ernesto Garcia, was the chef at ¡Ay! Salsa until recently. Ernesto’s brother still owns the High Street establishment. “My brother [Franco Gonzalez] and I went into ¡Ay! Salsa together, and now it’s my turn to start my own business,” Ernesto said in Spanish. “[My brother] wasn’t too happy when I left.”

Artistic construction. A tarp hanging on the fence surrounding construction of Street Hall on High Street was colored white and stenciled with the words: “I want to be a better person.” Street artist Believe in People tweeted a video about the tag and another similar piece.

So long, farewell. A farewell dinner for Craig Harwood GRD ’02 — the former dean of Davenport, who stepped down over the summer — and his family was held during dinner in the college’s dining hall Monday night.

Plume Giant, a band consisting of three Yale seniors — Eliza Bagg, Oliver Hill and Nolan Green — started a Kickstarter campaign to raise money in order to make a full-length record. They hope to raise $7,500 in 30 days.

Helping out. Yalies can apply to serve as members of the inaugural Provost’s Undergraduate Advisory Committee, the YCC announced in an email to students Monday. Those selected will advise Salovey on issues relating to academic and student life.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1935 Yale College Dean Clarence Mendell issues a statement to the news regarding whether students at the College and the Sheffield Scientific School should be allowed to keep automobiles on campus saying that “the final definition of the rule will be determined within 10 days.”

YALE DAILY NEWS