To commemorate the tenth anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001, blank “prayer flags” are available on Cross Campus to serve as outlets for reflection from students and other community members. The flags are part of a series of community events organized under the Yale Office of Public Affairs and Communications.

The decorated papers will form part of an exhibit called “9.11.11 Reflections” set up on Cross Campus, where a candlelight vigil is set to take place at 7:30 tonight. OPAC has also been receiving flags, which were available to be printed from a link on the Yale Daily Bulletin website, throughout the week.

“It has been heartening – and really quite moving – to read these as they have been sent in,” OPAC director of state communications and special initiatives Michael Morand ’87 DIV ’93 wrote in an e-mail to the News earlier this week.

The prayer flags, along with events such as a community service fair and interfaith service planned for the afternoon, are part of a larger effort to unite the New Haven and Yale communities in remembrance.

As the Yale College Council, which has been working to publicize events to students, stated earlier this week: “Together, our prayers, posters, drawings, and other tokens of remembrance will demonstrate the strength of our community.”