G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S. Two seniors, Katie Miller ’12 and Jordana Confino ’12, were named to Glamour magazine’s list of the top 10 college women in America. Miller is a gay rights activist who resigned from West Point because of “don’t ask, don’t tell.” Confino founded the organization Girls Learn International.

Easy money. Yale Law School is looking for a courier service in Perth, according to student job postings. Responsibilities include picking up and delivering mail daily between the Law School building at 127 Wall St. and Swing Space, where the Law School now has administrative offices and space for student groups.

As rain fell for the second straight day, Wednesday intramurals were canceled.

More cops. Aldermen voted unanimously Tuesday to accept a grant from the U.S. Justice Department that will pay the salaries and benefits of 22 additional officers for a period of three years with the condition that the city keep them on the police force for at least an additional year at its own expense.

The Yale Tomorrow Campaign is looking for 10 students from each college to sing “Bright College Years” at a celebration Sept. 17. “You don’t have to be a great singer, you just have to know the words and be willing to belt them out with enthusiasm,” the campaign wrote in an email to Saybrugians.

Public service announcement: It’s chicken tenders day in the residential college dining halls. Be sure to eat in a college that still allows trays.

Speaking of food, Saturday is Fall Fest, the “annual cultural food festival” on Old Campus, according to an email sent Wednesday from the Yale College Council. The first of YCC’s Farm Tours is also that day.

Lawn sign drama. Ward 22 Alderman Greg Morehead was caught by police with his opponents’ campaign signs in his truck, the New Haven Independent reported. He said he only removed signs that his constituents asked him to remove or that were illegally placed on public property.

Election silliness in advance of the Sept. 13 Democratic primary also struck Ward 2, according to the Independent. Aldermanic candidate Douglas Bethea accused opponent Frank Douglass’s campaign of taking down his signs in the middle of the night, while admitting to obstructing Douglass’ signs with his own.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1980 Republican congressional hopeful Lawrence DeNardis heads to Yale’s dining halls to drum up support.

YALE DAILY NEWS