Welcome back. Thanks for picking up a copy of our first issue of 2011-’12 school year. The News begins its regular publishing schedules Wednesday. Enjoy Camp Yale.

Want to work for us, freshmen? (You totally do.) Check out the News’ table at Sunday’s extracurricular bazaar.

Freshman Move-In is today! Beware of College Street if you are traffic- and/or massive amounts of luggage-averse. Listen for volunteers wearing bright shirts chanting college cheers.

Bluebookers on alert! Online Course Selection opens today, according to the Student Information System.

Didja feel it? The earthquake centered in Virginia Tuesday rattled students already on campus. Buildings swayed for about three seconds.

There’s an app for that. The Yale Police Department has launched Bulldog Mobile, a service that allows community members who register to speed dial the Yale Police Department. Once students are on the phone with the police, the department can locate them using GPS.

Being green. The Little Salad Shop, the student-run business on High Street, is hosting its grand opening today, complete with T-shirt and tote bag giveaways.

Also in new New Haven openings: NYX has replaced Hula Hank’s on the club scene at 216 Crown Street. It’s a 21+ venue that will hold Thursday senior nights and features white marble and statues of Aphrodite.

Meanwhile, a treasured local institution closed over the summer. Bulldog Burrito is no more. Farewell, to-go margaritas! For more summer news items, see page 7.

Professor provost. Provost Peter Salovey is co-teaching a seminar called Great Big Ideas. Part of a new institute called the Floating University — co-founded by an alum, who will be the other teacher — the course includes 14 video guest lectures.

Match point. As the inaugural New Haven Open at Yale womens’ tennis tournament wraps up, event organizers have moved up the tournament’s final from 5 p.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday to ensure Hurricane Irene does not interfere with gameplay.

This Day In Yale History

2005 The class of 2009 moves in. “It has that Harry Potter feel, definitely what I was looking for,” one student says.

YALE DAILY NEWS