Yalies in New Haven looking to fill their summer weekend schedule just got another option: free movies on the Green.

Starting July 15, a movie will be screened outdoors every Friday night through Aug. 12 as part of an event the city is calling Friday Flicks.

The event, sponsored by private organizations including Yale, is a “great way for the whole family to gather and enjoy the summer,” Mayor John DeStefano Jr. said in a press release Thursday.

“We’ve selected some great family and classic films that everyone will enjoy and I urge everyone to come out with friends and family for a fun night on the New Haven Green,” said Erik Johnson, director of the city’s Livable City Initiative, which is organizing the event along with the parks and cultural affairs departments.

Below is the lineup for Friday Flicks movies — with synopses — provided by city spokesman Adam Joseph:

July 15: “Men in Black”

Two men who keep an eye on aliens in New York City must try to save the world after the aliens threaten to blow it up.

July 22: “Back to the Future”

In 1985, Doc Brown invents time travel; in 1955, Marty McFly accidentally prevents his parents from meeting, putting his own existence at stake.

July 29: “The Blues Brothers”

Jake Blues, just out from prison, puts together his old band to save the Catholic home where he and his brother Elwood were raised.

Aug. 5: “Finding Nemo”

A father-son underwater adventure featuring Nemo, a boy clownfish, stolen from his coral reef home. His timid father must travel to Sydney and search in Sydney Harbor to find Nemo.

Aug. 12: “Last Days of the Coliseum”

This documentary, recently completed by Rich Hanley, a journalism professor at Quinnipiac University, tells the story of the New Haven Veterans Memorial Coliseum, including much of the city’s history of indoor sports and family entertainment. The film explores the Coliseum’s 30-year run as the temple of rock music, hockey, wrestling and pop culture for baby boomers until its demise and eventual implosion in 2007.

Movies will begin at around 8:30 p.m.