April 23rd, 2011 | Uncategorized

Franco GRD ’16 will also go to school in Houston

As has been shown in the past, James Franco GRD ’16 certainly recognizes the value of a well-rounded education. But apparently five collegiate institutions are not enough to satisfy the multitasking aficionado’s desire to learn.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Franco has been accepted into the University of Houston’s doctoral program in literature and creative writing. The actor is one of only 20 students to be admitted into the program out of a group of about 400. Franco, who just this past week turned 33, is slated to begin classes in the fall of 2012.

Already a graduate with various degrees from UCLA, New York University, Brooklyn College, and Columbia University, Franco is currently a Ph.D student in English at Yale and is also apparently going to the Rhode Island School of Design.

The actor, nominated for an Academy Award this past year for his lead role in the film “127 Hours,” is at least giving himself a bit of a breather. Director of the University of Houston’s creative writing program J. Kastely told the Chronicle Franco was originally going to begin classes next fall but later decided to defer for a year.

Our question is: what does this mean for Franco’s travel schedule?

• alsoanon

I guess at this point I just don’t get it.

• Crandall

It seems fairly likely that he’s leaving Yale for UH (very few programs allow for dual enrollment of any kind)…but then, who knows? I know everybody gushes about his intellect, but to be brutal I’ve yet to see any real evidence that he’s anything but a combination of fairly intelligent and highly ambitious (so, I’m thinking grades may be the reason he’s leaving Yale…whatever reason, his people spin everything so I’ve little hope that any real explanation will be offered). You left Warren Wilson off your list and it would at least appear that Tony Hoagland may have played a role in getting him in to Houston.

I doubt that he’s taking a year for a breather. He has a class at NYU he’ll be teaching (where I think he’ll have to actually show up). He’s been reported to be attached to enough film projects that his schedule will be full. And there are the RISD classes. He may also be using the time to finish up at Warren Wilson…the dude is busy.

• Boogs

Yeah. Whoever in the English Department at Yale made this call at admissions certainly will have egg on the face.

• Pingback: Google

• Pingback: giocare alle video slot gratis

• Pingback: fare clic

• Pingback: Body to Body Massage London

• Pingback: casino bonus win

• Pingback: credit hypothecaire

• Pingback: Quaker

• Pingback: Mobile Money Code

• Pingback: Tax Deed Auctions

• Pingback: Wisconsin Horse supply

• Pingback: rabaty

• Pingback: seo