This just in: Tiger Mother has been named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people of 2011.

Amy Chua’s profile focuses on “Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother,” which she published this year to a storm of media criticism and commentary. Chief Operating Officer of Facebook Sheryl Sandberg, who wrote Chua’s profile, said that her memoir effectively questioned how parents should raise their children.

“Few have the guts to parent in public,” Sandberg wrote. “Amy’s memoir is brutally honest, and her willingness to share her struggles is a gift. Whether or not you agree with her priorities and approach, she should be applauded for raising these issues with a thoughtful, humorous and authentic voice.”

Publicity surrounding Chua’s memoir began in January when an excerpt from her book appeared in the Wall Street Journal, titled “Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior.”

But these days, the Tiger Mother is not the only one generating buzz on the web. Her daughter, Sophia Chua-Rubenfeld, recently began her own blog — titled “new tiger in town” — to set the record straight about life in the tiger household. On her most recent post, she answered questions from readers.

“When the whole world’s calling you a mindless robot, you kind of get the urge to start talking!” she said of her decision to start the blog. “Even though ‘Sophia’ in the book is much more impressive than Sophia in real life. I think I’m sullying my impeccable image one post at a time, but so be it.”

When Sophia attended Bulldog Days last week, she wrote, “Everything is absolutely incredible.” No word yet on whether she will matriculate here or in Cambridge next fall.