A memorial service for Mandi Schwartz ’11, the women’s hockey star who died of acute myeloid leukemia earlier this month, will take place tonight in Calhoun College at 8 p.m.

A marrow registry drive named in honor of Schwartz will be stationed in Commons Thursday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The end of an era. The last Yale College Council Supermarket Shuttle will run Saturday, April 30, according to the Yale College Council newsletter sent Tuesday. The shuttle, instituted in Shaw’s absence, took students to buy groceries in Hamden, but is now obsolete after Stop & Shop opened on Whalley Avenue.

A New Haven resident, Mark Jasper, was taken into custody by Yale Police officers Tuesday for reportedly slapping a student while intoxicated. This was the second time in a week that Jasper has been arrested for slapping a Yalie.

Students got wet at the YCC’s Foam Party at Toad’s Tuesday. In its newsletter, the YCC offered some advice for those planning to attend: “keep in mind that hands can roam hidden under the foam… So be amongst friends.”

Happy finals studying! Silliman Master Judith Krauss informed her college in an email Tuesday that “noisy street work” associated with construction at 493 College St. will proceed Mondays through Thursdays between the hours of 6 p.m. and 12 a.m. until April 28.

Music makes the people come together. 17O1 Records’ album “Blue Noise,” featuring tracks by undergraduate musicians, became available for download Tuesday. It is available for free download at 17o1records.com. CD copies will be distributed at Spring Fling.

A Yale College Democrats poster advertising a Bulldog Days event with former presidential candidate Howard Dean ’71 was vandalized with a drawing of a swastika last week.

Nate Zelinsky’s ’13 opinion piece for the News about the role of the Ward 1 alderman has been criticized in flyers hung around campus. Zelinsky said he asked friends not to take the flyers down.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1939 About 400 undergraduates congregate on Old Campus at 11 a.m. “in the cause of peace.” “The forces of propaganda are spreading war talk in this country and trying to draw us into alliances that mean war,” Kingman Brewster ’41, future University president, said.

YALE DAILY NEWS