In the wake of the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights investigation into claims of a “hostile sexual environment” at Yale, a flurry of media coverage has descended onto campus.

Segments that included interviews with Hannah Zeavin ’12 and Alexandra Brodsky ’12, two of the 16 cosignatories behind the complaint that provoked this investigation, were respectively aired by Good Morning America and the Today Show Monday morning, in which they both brought their claims of the University’s inadequate response to sexual misconduct to the national forum.

Moreover, midway through a GMA package a male student off-camera shouted a loud unintelligible comment while the reporter interviewed a female student on Old Campus. Although it was difficult to decipher what the man said, the voice-over explained that the comment was sexually explicit remark.

Later this morning, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and Secretary of Education Arne Duncan announced a set of guidelines for how universities should respond to allegations of sexual harassment. In an interview with the Chronicle of Higher Education, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Russlyn Ali said that the timing of the Yale investigation and the Department of Education’s letter was purely coincidental. Watch the clip below:

[via Jezebel]

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy