Men’s basketball team center Greg Mangano ’12 helped his team to third place in the Ivy League and was rewarded for his efforts on Tuesday.

Mangano was unanimously elected to the First Team All-Ivy. He finished his junior season as the first Yale player to average a double-double (16.3 points and 10.0 rebounds) since Chris Dudley ’87 in 1987.

The 6’10” Mangano entered the season coming off of a sold sophomore year in which he was fourth on the team in scoring and second in rebounds. He gave a hint of what was to come in the season opener against Quinnipiac when he finished with 20 points and nine rebounds. He would go on to start in all of the Bulldogs 28 games. At Dartmouth, Mangano set a career high with 30 points. At Brown, he grabbed a career-high 17 rebounds and, twice this season, he blocked a career-high 7 shots.

Mangano was second in the Ivy League in points per game (16.3) and led the Ancient Eight in rebounds per game (10.0), blocks per game (3.0) and double-doubles (13). He set a school record with 85 blocks in a season – besting the old mark held by Dudley.

The Ivy League Player of the Year honors went to Harvard junior forward Keith Wright who led the conference with a .588 field goal percentage. In addition, he finished third in points per game (14.9), second in rebounds per game (8.5), second in blocks (1.8) and second in double-doubles (12).

Princeton forward Kareem Maddox claimed Defensive Player of the Year honors, and Brown guard Sean McGonagill took Rookie of the Year.

This season, the Elis finished third in the Ivy League, thanks in large part to Mangano’s performance. However, for many Yale basketball fans, the best part of Mangano’s success is the knowledge that he has another season to build on it.

Full Results

Player of the Year

F Keith Wright (Harvard)

Defensive Player of the Year

F Kareem Maddox (Princeton)

Rookie of the Year

G Sean McGonagill (Brown)

First Team All-Ivy

G Noruwa Agho (Columbia)

G Zack Rosen (Penn)

F Kareem Maddox (Princeton)

F Keith Wright (Harvard)

C Greg Mangano (Yale)

Second Team All-Ivy

G Chris Wroblewski (Cornell)

G Brandyn Curry (Harvard)

G Dan Mavraides (Princeton)

F Kyle Casey (Harvard)

F Ian Hummer (Princeton)

Honorable Mention

G Brian Barbour (Columbia)

G Christian Webster (Harvard)

F Tucker Halpern (Brown)

F Jack Eggleston (Penn)