Kline Biology Tower had another elevator mishap Wednesday. Fifteen students in “Genes and the Environment” were stuck in elevator one on the seventh floor for 35 to 40 minutes at around 11:20 a.m. “Hey, it’s like a clown car in there,” a New Haven fireman remarked as they were filing out one by one.

Stalking terminated. Facebook blocked the “Breakup Notifier” application created by Dan Loewenherz ’09, TechCrunch reported Wednesday. The app allows users to track friends’ relationship statuses.

Chew with your mouth closed. The Buddhist Student Fellowship hosted a “silent sushi study break” at Battell Chapel Wednesday night. An e-mail from Indigo Blue, the center for Buddhist life at Yale, said “some vegetarian sushi, barley tea, and silent fellowship” would be available.

A new television show on ABC produced by the creators of “Gossip Girl” will feature a character who is a “handsome, effortlessly charming, sophisticated, brilliant Yale graduate,” New York magazine reported last week.

No late lunch. Commons is closed between 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. today so it can be prepped for “Iron Chef Yale: The Final Cut” competition.

Hot commodity. The bookstore sold out of student tickets to this weekend’s home men’s hockey games by 4:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. The team will host Colgate on Friday and Cornell on Saturday.

Yale Athletics is raffling off a PS3 video game console at the men’s basketball game Friday and a 50-inch television at the Saturday game, Director of Yale Athletics Ticket Operations Jeremy Makins said in an e-mail Wednesday.

Chilly. Acting Saybrook Master Edward Kamens ’74 GRD ’82 e-mailed Saybrugians Wednesday around 11 p.m. to tell them that a “heat exchanger” had not been functioning since 7 p.m. He wrote: “Repair workers are on site and hope to have heat restored in the next hour or so. I extend the ‘apologies for the inconvenience’ that I received to you.”

Gov. Dannel Malloy pitched his plan to eliminate the state’s $3.5 billion budget deficit to New Haven business leaders Wednesday at the Chamber of Commerce, the New Haven Independent reported.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1937 A Divinity School student riding a bicycle hits Professor Edward Robinson on York Street in between the Graduate School and Wall Street. Robinson is knocked unconscious and is taken to New Haven Hospital.

YALE DAILY NEWS