At least it’s not Harvard. Quinnipiac University is gearing up for what it is deeming “the game” — Friday night’s men’s hockey matchup against Yale. Its student newspaper turned its back page into a sign saying “Beat Yale.” Inside, several potential chants are listed, including “stick to reading.”

History Department Registrar Essie Lucky-Barros e-mailed majors to tell them she will be on vacation from Feb. 18 through Feb. 28. She added, “The History Undergraduate Office will be closed due to George Washingtion [sic] and I celebrating my 50th birthday, on our birthday February 22.”

Calhoun Master Jonathan Holloway e-mailed the college Wednesday about reports of “excessive marijuana consumption” in McClellan Hall. He said he has started to take action “without further warning” and that Yale Police have already responded to two complaints this week.

Wish your parents could feel the hurt of Directed Studies? Yale College Dean Mary Miller e-mailed alumni and parents Wednesday to alert them of a program in June for a “small group” of alums and parents called “Directed Studies for Life.” It will be “an intensive immersion in a portion of the Directed Studies curriculum.”

Mormonism, “South Park” and Yale. Robert Lopez ’97, who wrote the new Broadway musical “The Book of Mormon” with “South Park” creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, told The New York Times that he became interested in the religion because: “I’d taken Harold Bloom at Yale. I really liked the idea of the Bible as literature — a story that can change the world in this very profound and powerful way, but in the end it’s just a story.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1938 The News interviews Katharine Hepburn in her dressing room at the Shubert. She has just finished performing in “The Philadelphia Story,” which is written by Philip Barry 1919 and tells the story of being “stuck with a deadhead” at a prom years earlier.

YALE DAILY NEWS