Today is hand-breaded chicken tenders day in the dining halls. Rejoice and be merry!

Hendrie Hall is overflowing. United Parcel Service spokesperson Susan Rosenberg told the News Wednesday that deliveries were turned away from the Hendrie Hall Yale Station Tuesday and Wednesday because it is filled to capacity.

Meanwhile, some students received a plain-spoken e-mail signed “UPS Mailroom” saying more than 600 packages are in a trailer in Orange, Conn. and that the company’s “unionized employees don’t really care if they ever get to you.” In an attempt to convince students to retrieve the parcels, the message added, “It’s just after holiday time too, they’re probably really really fun presents that you could be playing with instead of letting them take up space in a depressing mailroom.”

Ice, ice baby. Deputy Secretary for the University Martha Highsmith e-mailed the Yale community Wednesday morning urging members to “exercise extreme caution” moving around campus. She wrote there had been reports of slippery streets and ice sliding off rooftops.

One Branfordian was the victim of the falling ice. According to an e-mail from Calhoun master Jonathan Holloway to students in the college, a female was hit in the head passing McClellan Hall Wednesday morning and was taken to the hospital. Jonathan Edwards Master Penelope Laurans also informed students of the accident.

Master Holloway continued by urging Hounies to “Take a longer route if it’s the clearer route. Wear sensible shoes and outerwear.” He wrote that he would rather students take five more minutes to get to class than fall. He concluded “Am I pestering you? Sure, but it’s only because I care.” Laurans concluded her e-mail by saying, “OK, so this isn’t exactly Palo Alto, but they don’t have our gorgeous falls and springs either.”

“Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother,” Yale Law School professor Amy Chua’s controversial book on parenting, was reviewed by the New York Times Wednesday. “Ms. Chua’s memoir is about one little narcissist’s book-length search for happiness,” wrote Janet Maslin.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1938 Orson Welles’ “modern-dress” production of “Julius Caesar” opens at the Shubert Theater on College Street. Twenty-five “tall, handsome” Yale freshmen play the mob and appear on stage four times. “When they came out on the stage representing Romans with crew cuts and blond hair, it gave me the heebies,” Welles says.

YALE DAILY NEWS