The women’s basketball team broke its seven-game losing streak in an impressive manner when it pulled off a 91-85 upset over No. 15/14 Florida State at John J. Lee Amphitheater on Saturday night.

Though the Elis (2-7) took a 13-point lead into halftime, the Seminoles (9-2) battled back to erase the deficit and retake the lead in the second half. But the Bulldogs responded with a 13-3 run over the final four minutes of the contest to pull away with the victory.

It was the Bulldogs’ first victory since defeating Holy Cross 74-71 in their season opener on Nov. 12.

Yale shot 31-of-62 from the field in the game and also hit 8-of-19 shots from beyond the arc. Guard Megan Vasquez ’13 scored 25 points and forward Janna Graf ’14 added 22 points, both career-highs, to lead the Bulldogs. Forward Michelle Cashen ’12 scored 11 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to finish the night with a double-double.

“It is definitely a special moment for us,” Graf said in a press release. “We’ve had a rough stretch with seven losses in a row, and I think this was a game where we proved to ourselves that we are good. We knew that, but this really set it in stone that we can compete with any team out there.”

The team continues non-conference play on Dec. 20 when it hosts cross-town rival Quinnipiac. Tip-off is slated for 7 p.m. at John J. Lee Amphitheater.