Uncategorized | 10:59 am | December 15, 2010 | By Emily Wanger

‘A Parent’s’ plea for earlier Early Action

As early action decisions looms closer, the News received an urgent cry for help from someone who identified as “A Parent”:

Could you please use some of your “power” to tell Yale Admission office to release their EA results earlier as most other colleges have done already? Even though, Yale is probably the only few who hasn’t experienced any increase in the EA application pool and their workloads can’t be that higher relative to those of their counterparts.

Please show some compassion as MOST of the applicants will end up in the Reject and Deferral list anyways. Let all (especially those poor souls) know the results sooner so they can start focusing on working for RD in the next two weeks that’s left.

We don’t see WHY Yale must stick to the Dec. 15 deadline if you have known the results by now and IF all the competitors are releasing data earlier.

A Parent

Stanford, Dartmouth, Brown, and the University of Pennsylvania are among Yale’s peer institutions that released their decisions over the past few days.

Yale Admissions will release its early action decisions this afternoon.

• wtf

Why would two days make a difference?

• yalengineer

To be frank, a prepared student would have their RD apps ready to go regardless of the result.

• 11

lol as if ydn has sway in the admissions office

• LogicalComments

Oh concerned parents! What can you do with them?

• Veritas

Let’s just get rid of EA. Solves many problems.

• jaimeleschevaux

Speaking as a deferred SCEA applicant, I believe that a responsible student will have their applications complete before the SCEA results. My parents had zero to very limited involvement with my applications and yet all 12 of mine (including 6 intensive Ivy applications) were complete in October. It is ill advised for an applicant to wait until December 15th to start his or her other applications given the competitive nature of Yale’s SCEA pool and Yale’s policy concerning SCEA deferral.