Let the rain fall down. Campus was barraged by heavy rain and wind Wednesday. According to WTNH, flights were delayed at Bradley International Airport and there were power outages around Connecticut.

Don’t let it rain inside, though. Ezra Stiles Senior Administrative Assitant Mary Jo Miller reminded Stilesians in an e-mail to close their skylights if they have them in Swing Space. She wrote: “Apparently the wind will snap them right off their hinges — or whatever holds them in place.”

Get ready to be a leader, or not. Applications for retired general Stanley McChrystal’s spring seminar, “Leadership,” are out. They are due Dec. 13 and decisions will be announced Jan. 7.

Really starry night? Astronomy and physics professor Pieter van Dokkum was a co-author of an article that explains that the number of stars might triple because of unaccounted for cool dwarf stars, the New York Times reported Wednesday. The article was published in the journal Nature.

Connecticut Senator Christopher Dodd gave a goodbye address on the floor of the U.S. Senate on Tuesday. According to a transcript of his remarks on Dodd’s website, he said: “And even though I could spend hours fondly recalling a lifetime of yesterdays, this new Senate — and the nation — must confront an uncertain tomorrow.”

All aboard. 220 Yalies bought tickets for the Yale College Council Party Train set to depart for New York Saturday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1969 The New Haven Black Panthers issue a statement that alleges that police are going to raid their headquarters or arrest party members.

YALE DAILY NEWS