Michael Morand ’87 DIV ’93, Yale’s associate vice president for New Haven and state affairs, will become the director of state communications and special initiatives in January. Morand has been the University’s interface with the city since the Office of New Haven and State Affairs’ inception in 1997.

University President Richard Levin was featured in an interview with Indian newspaper the Mint. Levin said Indian universities must begin to think of how to grow their brands in the same way the nation’s biggest corporations have over the last few decades.

Can’t fly to Colorado? Anna Liffey’s on Whitney Avenue will be live-streaming the No. 3 Yale men’s hockey team’s game against Colorado College Saturday. The puck drops at 9 p.m.

Hope it tasted good. After being shot twice outside of a deli near the intersection of George and Day streets, a local man proceeded to go home and eat the sandwich he had just bought before requesting that his father take him to Yale-New Haven Hospital, according to a press release issued Tuesday by the New Haven Police Department.

Uniforms dotted Beinecke Plaza yesterday at noon for the University’s celebration of Veterans’ Day. University Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer, the daughter of a Navy veteran, introduced the proceedings, which included speeches, music and prayer, to a crowd of about 200.

No day but yesterday to spot a celeb at the Yale Dramatic Association’s production of “Rent.” Anthony Rapp, who starred in role of Mark in the original Broadway production and the film, showed up for the Thursday night performance.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1936 Fraternity Delta Kappa Epsilon is awarded the Dean’s Cup, a prize given to the Yale College fraternity with the highest scholastic average. DKE finished the 1935-’36 scholastic year with a 73.89.

YALE DAILY NEWS