THE NEWS

• Murder, religion and deceit are coming to the Yale Divinity School. “The Judas Conspiracy,” a new novel by Leslie Williams DIV ’11, takes place in Great Britain and at the Yale Divinity School. The novel, which will be released Dec. 1, centers on the search for a complete manuscript of the real, much-debated Gospel of Judas, which says that Jesus had commanded his disciple Judas to turn him over to the Romans and runs counter to the traditional story that Judas betrayed Jesus.
  • After last year’s season ended one step short of the Frozen Four with a loss to Boston College— a team with 9 draft picks — the men’s hockey team, who start their season this Friday, may be on their way to joining these traditional hockey powerhouses on the recruiting map and have brought in three freshmen who are already NHL draft picks.

Kenny Agostino ’14, drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Gus Young ’14 of the Colorado Avalanche and Brad Peltz ’14 of the Ottawa Senators, will be the first freshmen to bring NHL draft status to the Bulldogs since Patrick Brosnihan ’09, who was drafted by the Phoenix Coyotes. Brosnihan currently plays in the ECHL for the Las Vegas Wranglers.

• In the coming weeks, the School of Art will begin constructing a new gallery space to exhibit student work. But this construction site will not require hard hats. The school is working to launch a virtual gallery, called “Video Wall,” through its website to feature students’ video projects in an effort to make video projects accessible to the public, said Samuel Messer, the Associate Dean of the School of Art. The site will show artists’ works for up to two to three weeks at a time in organized exhibitions, just as a physical gallery space would. The school is also in talks with lawyers about copyright issues that may arise, but the artists have already been picked out for the site’s first exhibition.

THE WEATHER

High of 71 degrees, low of 45 degrees, mostly sunny

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Waffle Bar, Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake

Lunch: Roasted Corn & Tomato Soup, English Beef Barley Soup, Hand-breaded Chicken Tenders, Orecchiette with Broccoli & Chickpeas, Eggplant Parmesan, Italian Beef & Macaroni, Baked Sweet Potato Bar, Honey Butter, Fresh Green Beans Sauté, Orecchiette Pasta with Zucchini & Mozzarella, Organic Plain Brownie, Butterscotch Cookie

Dinner: Pappardelle with Sausage, Feta & Sauce, Spinach Stuffed Filet of Sole, Tofu Stuffed Acorn Squash, Baked Sweet Potato Bar, Honey Butter, Grilled Cheese On Whole Wheat, Jasmine Rice, Orecchiette Pasta with Zucchini & Mozzarella

In Commons

Breakfast: Breakfast Grits Bar, Waffle Bar, Cage-Free Scrambled Egg Whites, Cage-Free Scrambled Eggs, Corned Beef Hash, Potato Pancakes, Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake

Lunch: Roasted Corn & Tomato Soup, Hand-breaded Chicken Tenders, Orecchiette with Broccoli & Chickpeas, Baked Sweet Potato Bar, Honey Butter, Italian Beef & Macaroni, Cheese Sauce, Steakhouse French Fries, Reuben Grill, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Organic Tomato Sauce, Miso Glazed Whole Roasted Salmon, Shrimp Fried Rice, Stir Fried Vegetable Lo Mein, Stir Fried Broccoli, Fresh Green Beans Sauté, Orecchiette Pasta with Zucchini & Mozzarella, Orecchiette Pasta with Zucchini & Mozzarella, Organic Plain Brownie, Butterscotch Cookie

Dinner: Roasted Thai Red Curry Chicken, Georgia Baked Ham, Mussels Mariniere, Tofu Stuffed Acorn Squash, Baked Sweet Potato Bar, Honey Butter, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Organic Tomato Sauce, Steamed Fall Harvest Vegetables, Orecchiette Pasta with Zucchini & Mozzarella

YALE DAILY NEWS