Mandi Schwartz ’11 is “still weak but is slowly gaining strength,” her mother wrote in an e-mail to the women?s hockey team Wednesday. Schwartz entered the Intensive Care Unit of Seattle Cancer Care Alliance on Oct. 4 and was discharged Saturday.

Bladderball is getting big in the blogosphere. In a Wednesday post entitled “Bladderball Fails To Erupt At Yale This Year,” New York City blog The Awl praises the game for providing the “world’s best Wikipedia entry.”

Alchemy might be for chemists, but Elevate is for game theorists. A question on the ?Game Theory? midterm Wednesday asked students to evaluate the benefits of the “Cambridge Police” and “Cambridge University Police” raiding a night club where a student party was taking place.

Joe Miller’s LAW ’95 path to the Senate may not be so smooth. The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday that Miller is drawing flak for failing to live by his anti-government stances — namely, that his family once accepted Medicaid benefits and that his wife briefly drew unemployment checks.

In other senatorial election news, The New York Times endorsed Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal LAW ’73 over Linda McMahon Wednesday in the campaign for the seat to be vacated by Christopher Dodd.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1991 University president Benno Schmidt Jr. announced that Donald Engelman GRD ?67, chair of the molecular biophysics and biochemistry department, would be acting Dean of Yale College for 1992-1993.

YALE DAILY NEWS