Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal LAW ’73 has regained momentum in his campaign for the U.S. Senate, according to a Quinnipiac University Poll released today.

In the poll, Blumenthal, a Democrat, leads Republican Linda McMahon by about 11 percentage points, up from about three points on Sept. 28.

Blumenthal had a lead of over 40 points in January, but McMahon, a multimillionaire former CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, narrowed that lead significantly over the past few months.

“While September wasn’t very good for Blumenthal, perhaps like Reggie Jackson, he could be called ‘Mr. October,’” Poll Director Douglas Schwartz said in a statement.

Blumenthal also received the endorsement of the editorial board of the New York Times published in the paper Thursday. The endorsement highlights Blumenthal’s twenty-year record as attorney general, noting his legal victories against tobacco companies, energy companies and health insurers.

The race is between a “charm-free, experienced public servant” and a “splashy business executive,” the Times wrote.

The election is Nov. 2.

Clarification: October 14, 2010

An earlier version of this post said that the New York Times editorial was published yesterday. While it was published online Wednesday, it was published in the paper Thursday.