The Saybrook intruder… is a Saybrugian. In an e-mail sent Friday night, Saybrook Master Paul Hudak and Dean Paul McKinley said a student has come forward and admitted to entering the suites of other students while they were in bed early Thursday morning. Hudak and McKinley added that the student is working with Yale Police and the college to “restore a sense of security” to the college.

Durfee’s will now be open late again — but only on school nights. As of Sunday night, Durfee’s returned to its regular operating hours, until 2:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. But Solo cup-seeking students are still out of luck Friday and Saturday, when Durfee’s closes at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., respectively.

Skunk, begone! (To another college.) After a student reported seeing a skunk in the Branford courtyard over the weekend, Branford Master Steven Smith sent an e-mail to students in the college saying: “If anyone should see him, please invite him to return to one of the other colleges from whence he came.” A skunk was spotted in Calhoun earlier this month.

Battle of the bands. The YPMB is among 40 college groups competing in CBS’s Hawaii Five-O Marching Band Mania contest. Each college has submitted a video performance of the show’s theme song, and the winning school will receive $25,000 for its band program. Results will be announced on the Oct. 11 episode of “Hawaii Five-O,” when the winning video will also be aired.

At least one firetruck and four ambulances responded to calls at Toad’s Place on York Street early Sunday morning. Police were on the scene, though it was not immediately clear whether they arrested any club attendees. A diabetic was taken away in an ambulance after drinking too much and having trouble breathing, one officer said.

Hundreds of students evacuated Commons on Friday when a fire alarm went off at around 12:50 p.m. Although firefighters and Yale Police at the scene said they did not know why the alarm was set off, they helped themselves to lunch when the dining hall reopened around 1.

To wish observing Yalies an easy fast for Yom Kippur, the Harkness bells played Kol Nidre, the opening prayer of the Jewish Day of Atonement, which began Friday at sundown and ended Saturday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1962 Yale buys the ground floor of the St. Elmo secret society building for $200,000 and converts the society’s banquet hall into a 115-booth listening room for its modern language laboratory.