British invasion. While Tony Blair is in his third year as a visiting professor at Yale, another former British prime minister, Gordon Brown, will serve as a visiting fellow at Harvard in the fall — but just for one week. Brown will participate in public policy courses and lead discussions related to his time at the forefront of British policies.

Reacting to the debate about funding being equalized across the residential colleges, Pierson Master Harvey Goldblatt assured his students that Pierson is about more than money. “It is about love and the spark of divine goodness and humanity that resides in all of us,” he said in an e-mail.

A generous alumnus who lives in Branford, Conn., called WYBC, Yale’s student radio station, Tuesday morning offering four second-row tickets to last night’s Jay-Z concert in Yankee stadium, a $1,200 value, for free. For rizzle. “I’m still trying to process what happened,” said Elliott Brennan ’11, who met the alumnus’s Mercedes to accept the tickets.

Forget U.S. News & World Report — Yale is ranked No. 1 on Newsweek’s list of “Best 25 Schools for Brainiacs,” published Monday. Among the factors considered were the number of Nobel laureates, “genius” grant recipients, Guggenheim fellows, and Rhodes, Fulbright, Marshall, Mitchell, Truman or Gates-Cambridge scholars produced by each college or university. Harvard placed second.

Yale also made Working Mother magazine’s list of “100 best companies,” citing the University’s policies that help women balance work and family. No other college made the list.

Bo, the dog of a Timothy Dwight fellow, worried students outside of the TD dining hall Monday with his mournful howls. It turned out he only needed a belly rub.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1942 The results of fitness tests administered to 3,040 students are released, helping to shape Yale’s physical fitness program. Freshmen out-muscled upperclassmen in six of 12 categories.

Submit tips to Cross Campus: crosscampus@yaledailynews.com