New Haven was named the 12th best small city on the American Institute for Economic Research’s annual College Destinations Index. Bridgeport, Conn., though, ranked third in the same category. San Francisco took the top spot for major metropolitan areas, followed by New York, Washington and Boston.

Getting in the game. About 20 Berkeley College students attended the U.S. Open on Wednesday night, where, from the upper deck, they watched Caroline Wozniacki and Roger Federer defeat their opponents.

A Rosh Hashanah tribute to bar mitzvahs? In a departure from typical grind grunge, Toad’s Place erupted with outstretched arms when “YMCA” came on at the Wednesday night dance party.

Former British Prime Minister and sometimes Yale professor Tony Blair’s new memior, “A Journey: My Political Life,” quotes Queen Elizabeth telling him, “You are my 10th prime minister, Mr. Blair. My first was Winston Churchill.” Helen Mirren, playing the monarch, said that line in the 2006 film “The Queen,” whose director says he made the quote up.

ESPN “Outside the Lines” had two camera crews rolling on Library Walk on Wednesday afternoon.

Yale College Council elections for residential college representatives open this morning at 9. The polls close Friday at 9 p.m. (And hopefully that will bring the last of mass campaign e-mails.)

The residential college dining halls tonight will be serving a welcome-back luau dinner, featuring kalua pork and huli huli chicken. Hawaiian shirts optional.

The embattled Morse College dining hall added soy milk this week but continues to lack lactaid, as the dining hall has since it reopened.

Banana campaign. Aviva Musicus ’13 has received 2,708 votes (as of press time) for her submission to the Chiquita Sticker Design Contest. Meanwhile, Sam Tsui’s ’11 latest video, “Don’t Want An Ending” has 149,571 views.

That’s Why I Chose U. Baltimore! The University of Baltimore is offering a new class on zombies, English 333. Students will watch 16 classic zombie films and read zombie comics.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1979 More than 2,000 undergraduate students sign a petition protesting Yale’s tenure policy, which they say disregards professors’ teaching abilities.

YALE DAILY NEWS