Campaigning for the Yale College Council officially began at 7 p.m. Tuesday. For the full list of candidates, see page 4.

YCC candidates jumped right in to the campaigning process with posters around campus and videos popping up online. Notably, Justine Kolata ’12, who is running for Junior Class Council chair, jumped right out … of a recycling bin. Watch it on the Cross Campus blog.

Juniors, be on the lookout: Secret societies start the pre-tap process tonight.

Following the “Colonizers and Colonized” controversy, the Yale European Undergraduates and Latin American Students Organization will be holding a discussion tonight at 6 p.m. in WLH 309. The party, whose planned theme offended some students, was cancelled last weekend.

Feathered and scarred. Something was a bit off with the chicken served in UPenn’s dining halls Monday, according to the campus blog Under the Button: A student diner found feathers still attached to the deep-fried breast she was about to eat. Yale Dining’s hand-breaded chicken tenders are looking pretty good…

Though members of the class of 2011 are still juniors, campaigning for their senior class gift has already begun. Next Tuesday, students will have the chance to join next year’s Senior Class Gift chairs Haley Cohen ’11 and Tully McLoughlin ’11 and take part in a phonebank to thank alumni for their past donations and ask them to get involved with fundraising for the 2011 senior class gift.

Under the wind turbines of the Becton Center, Senator Mark Warner (D-Va.) spoke to an audience of 180 at a Yale Political Union debate Tuesday. The crowd voted overwhelmingly that the government should subsidize a green economy.

Sportscaster Bob Costas is coming to Yale on Monday, April 12 for an event hosted by Yale Undergraduate Sports Entertainment Society in SSS 114 at 5 p.m. Costas anchored NBC’s coverage of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics and is also the lead anchor on NBC’s “Sunday Night Football.”

If you’ve ever wondered about the columns of smoke billowing from beside Swing Space, STEP is hosting a tour of the Central Power Plant on Friday at 2 p.m.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1986 Yale President A. Bartlett Giamatti threatens to have police remove an apartheid memorial, consisting of two wood and aluminum shanties, erected in Beinecke Plaza by pro-divestment demonstrators.

Correction: April 7, 2010

An earlier version of this article misstated the name of the Yale European Undergraduates.