Why was Monday night different from all other nights? Because it was the first night of Passover, and more than 100 students gathered at the Slifka Center for a traditional seder meal. The residential college dining halls, meanwhile, will have matzo ball soup throughout the eight-day holiday.

Back by popular demand, Professor Thomas Steitz, who won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry this past fall, will give an encore performance of his January lecture in the Law School auditorium on Thursday.

Crushes and Chaperones post-mortem. In the aftermath of Branford’s busted ’90s party, the God Quad pregame and decorations received high marks at Monday’s Branford College Council meeting. Also on the agenda: whether to issue tickets for the dance next year, and how to “prevent public urination.”

Yale made another appearance on ESPN’s SportsCenter on Monday in the “Top 10 Plays” segment, which featured a clip of a North Dakota player splitting two Eli defensemen to score against goalie Ryan Rondeau ’11. But the Elis got the last laugh, upsetting the Fighting Sioux 3–2 on Saturday.

Double-check those hyperlinks, YCC. First, it was last week’s link to the YCC’s Spring Policy Survey, which left out the dot before .com. Then on Monday, the YCC sent out an e-mail with a bad link to sign up for Saturday’s Dwight Hall Day of Service. Asked to respond, YCC president Jon Wu ’11 said, “Hope to see you on Saturday!”

Another unfortunate e-mail, in which UCS announced that the Yale in Hollywood program is now accepting applications, accidentally spelled it “Wollywood” in the subject line.

Find a typo in Cross Campus? Copy edit for the News.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1983 Police arrested a sophomore in possession of 10 pounds of pot, worth an estimated street value of $16,000.

YALE DAILY NEWS