Today is the deadline for switching Credit/D/Fail courses to letter grades. Unlike for dropping a class, there is no fee for making the switch.

P.U. A pipe broke and spilled sewage in Bass Library’s lower level around 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. By 9:30, the rupture was fixed and the bathrooms were usable, although the putrid stench lingered for some time after.

A match made in Harkness. Michael Gelfand ’01 GRD ’01 and Arundathi Jayatilleke ’01 GRD ’01, who met as sophomores at a practice for the Guild of Carillonneurs, were married in Brooklyn on March 20 and featured in The New York Times’ “Vows” section last Thursday.

Sex Week stirs up a (delayed) response. In an article titled “Bawd and Man at Yale” in the National Review Online last Thursday, Nathan Harden ’09 decried what he called “the biennial pornification of Yale.”

Davenport, the latest dining hall to try out trayless, had 14 conscientious objectors (13 of whom were male). Neither the blankets covering the trays nor the STEP coordinator reciting the environmental impact managed to deter them.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1890 The News reports on a new publication called the Harvard Portfolio, meant to give Cantabs “a permanent means of keeping in memory the events which interested them during their college course.” Because that’s the only way Harvard students would recall what they did in college: by reading about it later in a book.