A hooker at Toad’s! No, not a person, just a platform. The dance club has a new Gogo dancer platform, which is affectionately being called the “hooker platform.”

National politics decided over dining at Basta Trattoria? Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi traveled to New Haven on March 6 to host a panel discussion on women’s health with Connecticut congressional representatives. The visit was part of the Democrats’ effort to rally support for the health care reform bill.

Maybe the trip paid off: The bill passed in the House late Sunday night. See story,

page 8.

Harvard will now cost more than just your soul. The term bill for a year at Harvard College will top $50,000 next school year. Harvard administrators will raise tuition, room and board by 3.8 percent next year, the university announced Thursday. The new $50,724 sticker price exceeds the cost of a year at Yale, which will be $49,800 in the 2010-’11 academic year. Yale and Princeton are now the only Ivy League universities that will charge less than $50,000 for tuition, room and board next school year.

Don’t worry economy, Yale’s got you covered. Two Yale graduates are on track to be named to the Federal Reserve Board, according to the White House. Janet Yellen GRD ’71, a former alumni fellow of the Yale Corporation, is expected to be nominated to be the board’s vice chairman, and Peter Diamond ’61, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor and expert on Social Security, is under consideration to fill one of the two other open seats on the board.

Not quite in time for flying back to campus from spring break: Starting in June, Delta Air Lines will restore nonstop service from Hartford’s Bradley Airport to Los Angeles. The nonstop flight had stopped in September 2008.

The other kind of blackout. After a power outage a week ago Saturday lasted several hours, Jonathan Edwards College’s main elevator was shut down until the next day, and multiple entryways were unresponsive until the following Monday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1878 An advertisement in the News claimed that the finest luxury in New Haven was Russian baths, available to Yale students for the special rate of 55 cents. Apparently, the baths had “written recommendations from every good physician in the city.” The former location of the Russian baths, 278 Grand St., is now home to the House of Pain Tattoo parlor.

YALE DAILY NEWS