February 22nd, 2010 | Uncategorized

For $10, Branfordians get ‘snug’ as bugs

You might think sweaters, fleeces, lanyards, messenger bags, sweatpants, Nalgenes, flip-flops, T-shirts and rugby shirts would be enough pride gear for any residential college. You might think Yalies would turn up their noses at blankets with sleeves. Apparently not: For the price of just $10, Branfordians can become the proud owners of — yes — Branford Snuggies.

“The Branford snuggies have arrived!” Branford Master Steven Smith wrote in an e-mail to Branford students this afternoon. “This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen, but people seem to like them.”

Ridiculous or not, the navy blue blankets seem to fit Smith himself pretty well — and there’s photographic evidence. Smith, along with his assistant Alicia Heaney and Andy Shumaker ’10, who originally lobbied the Branford College Council to order 40 of the Snuggies, modeled the cultural phenomenon in a photo Shumaker e-mailed to the entire college.

• cc ’10

yeah, I want one.

• Vanessa Vasquez

Mee too! :) Pierson needs these asap!

• BR ’09

BFA!

• BR’08

can BR alums get these bad boys??

• BPC

Since “11” deems himself to be an academician extraordinaire, I was a tad surprised – nay, SHOCKED – to see that such a scholarly sort is incapable of distinguishing between the word “they’re” and “their.” To wit (per “11”): “If athletes want to prove their as qualified as anyone else…”

Better yet, his ardent acolyte, “Skeptic”, steps up in affirmation. TWO of “them” (vs. “us”) and yet neither one can handle elementary grammar? Tsk, tsk.

Apparently, despite my four years of football at Yale, I retained enough of “English 101 For Remedial Learners” to immediately espy miscues that completely eluded at least some of my more learned Yale peers.

BTW: trade-off is hyphenated, “11.” But hey, who’s counting, eh? Or would that be “Whose counting?” :-)

• Pingback: Google

• Pingback: poker spiel

• Pingback: Erotic Massage London

• Pingback: Digital Publishing Blueprint review

• Pingback: Billy Adamsen

• Pingback: sobresuplementos

• Pingback: wizyta tutaj

• Pingback: gehen

• Pingback: Palladium for sale