Meryl Streep DRA ’75 is nominated again. Streep earned her 16th Oscar nomination — breaking her own record —­ for her performance as Julia Child in “Julie & Julia.” She goes for her third win March 7.

Two more Elis nominated included Marco Beltrami MUS ’91, for Best Score for “The Hurt Locker,” and Maury Yeston ’67 MUS ’74, for Best Song: “Take it All” from the musical “Nine.”

In other awards news, three School of Music alumni took home Grammy Awards at Sunday night’s ceremony in Los Angeles, including Marin Alsop ’77, Sharon Isbin ’78 MUS ’79 and faculty composer David Lang MUS ’83.

That’s why we chose Yale. According to a Friday article in The New York Times, Princeton students lament their university’s harsh grading policy, which they say has led to fewer job placements. Last year, the number of A-range grades fell under 40 percent. The Daily Princetonian published an editorial denouncing the school’s grading policy last month.

Ward 1 Alderman Mike Jones ’11 was named a member of the aldermanic human services committee, which, according to the Board of Aldermen’s rules, hears matters relating to health, manpower and welfare.

Yale’s endowment, though, was named one of the “worst-managed” by the blog 24/7 Wall St. Yale’s endowment grew by an average of 16.8 percent every year for two decades — until last year, when it lost 24.6 percent.

But at least Yale wasn’t the worst. That honor went to Harvard, which lost the most in absolute dollars and was among the largest percentage point losers.

And when it comes to donations, the Council for Aid to Education is reporting that giving to U.S. colleges and universities fell by 12 percent in fiscal year 2009, the biggest drop in at least four decades. According to the survey, Yale saw the largest decline, falling 26 percent to $358.2 million. Stanford topped Harvard in fundraising for the fourth year in a row.

Got an LCD projector? Senior Administrative Assistant Alicia M. Heaney sent an e-mail to all Branford students Tuesday morning, hoping that someone would come forward with an LCD projector that has been checked out for more than a week.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1942 Opening the third annual University Christian Conference, theologian Reinhold Niebuhr 1914 declares, “Christian faith is the answer to the problem of human existence itself.”