Prominent figures from Harvard and Yale predict the outcome of this year’s Game.

FROM THE YALE SIDE:

“Upset of the year: Yale 14, Harvard 9.”

— Richard Levin, University President

“In a shocker, Yale will win 17-14 due in large measure to the electrifying performance of the Cornhusker transplant, Mr. Witt, a stingy and fired-up defense, and the inspirational preachings of Coach Williams. Having grown accustomed to thinking that the Yale Bowl was their home field, Harvard will sulk home and begin a futile campaign to persuade Colt McCoy to transfer to Harvard.”

— Roland Betts ’68, Yale Corporation Senior Fellow

“Yale 24, Harvard 7. With the return of Abare, Yale’s defense is better than ever. Meanwhile, our offense really gets rolling. Harvard’s team will fight to the end, but Yale — will — win!”

— Peter Salovey, Provost

“Harvard forfeits on Friday, citing UFO scare.”

— Jeff Brenzel, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions

“Research suggests that one cannot do better at predicting games than using the betting odds. So my best prediction is whatever the betting odds say!”

— Ray Fair, John M. Musser Professor of Economics

“Yale will win by 14.”

— Sen. Joseph Lieberman ’64 LAW ’67

“The Game will rage on, now Yale ahead, now Harvard, but Harvard’s innate smugness will unravel their luck. Yale will surge and win.”

— Robert Thompson, Master of Timothy Dwight College

FROM THE HARVARD SIDE:

“Following a disappointing setback at the hands of UPenn’s stingy defense last week, the Crimson respond with a balanced offensive showing and come away with a 24-10 victory.”

— Drew Gilpin Faust, University President

“Harvard 35, Yale 23. My confidence in this year’s Crimson is based on probability, the laws of the physical universe and the important lessons that history has taught us.”

— Evelynn Hammonds, Dean of Harvard College

“Harvard by 10.”

— Larry Summers, Director of the National Economic Council

“Harvard 26, Yale 16. I figure that each billion dollars of endowment translates into about one point.”

— N. Gregory Mankiw, Robert M. Beren Professor of Economics

For more Harvard-Yale coverage, visit yaledailynews.com/thegame.

YALE DAILY NEWS