Today is Yale Day! Governor M. Jodi Rell has declared today “Yale Day” for all of Connecticut in light of the pep rally that will be held tonight at 9 p.m. on Old Campus. Rell also proclaimed Sept. 26 “Tom Williams Day” in honor of the football coach’s first home game, which Yale lost.

A clash of Biblical proportions. Representatives for Bridge Logos, a Christian publishing company, handed out free copies of a 150th anniversary edition of Charles Darwin’s “The Origin of Species” on Cross Campus Wednesday morning. The only catch is that the books were abridged and included a 58-page creationist introduction.

The Secular Student Alliance was also on Cross Campus to hand out flyers outlining the “Stork Theory” of human procreation, which “scientifically refutes ideological reproductive theories that argue for sexual conception, female carrying and vaginal birth.” The group cited liturgical support, including, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman.”

In other Biblical news, Moses returned Wednesday, barging into Steven Berry’s microeconomics lecture. Berry tried to snap a photo of the AEPi prankster, but he fled.

While admission to The Game is free with a Yale student ID, tickets will cost Harvard students $15 apiece. In addition, a bus ticket from Cambridge to New Haven costs some $40. What a shame to come so far and pay so much — just to watch Harvard lose.

To add insult to injury, the Harvard “comedy” group On Harvard Time produced a painfully unfunny, and offensive, video that spoofs the trailer of the 2006 blockbuster “The Departed.” We don’t care to repeat what their version was called.

The Saybrook Pride Committee is hosting an Appreciation Day for its dining hall workers, who ranked last for service among the residential colleges in Yale Dining’s survey but still received a rating of 3.19 out of 4. “Our Dining Hall staff was really dismayed by the rankings and needs some encouragement from us,” the committee said in an e-mail.

Seven score and six years ago, President Abraham Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address. To mark the anniversary, Branford Master Steven Smith held a special study break. One cake bore a picture of Lincoln’s face, and the other had the words of the speech.

This day in Yale history

1914 At the last mass of the year, the chaplain leads Yale students in a new cheer that features an additional three “Yales.”