Allez cuisine! The Yale College Council’s Iron Chef competition kicked off Sunday night in the residential colleges. The winners of Sunday’s preliminary cook-offs will advance to the final showdown early next semester.

Great morsels of fire! After Saturday’s tailgate, Morsels found smoke and flames billowing out of their U-Haul. Luckily, construction workers on hand provided fire extinguishers to a group of nearby Stilesians, who put out the flames.

The cause? A bucket of charcoal left over from the barbecue stashed in the back of the van.

Our friends in Cambridge are already gearing up for the weekend of The Game. Said one Cantab on harvardfml.com: “I am seriously considering hooking up with a Yalie friend just so that I will have a place to crash for The Game. FML.”

In related news, yalefml.com launched on Nov. 2. Recent posts include: “I’m in DS. FML.” and “Today at Sterling, I fell asleep on my homework and woke up to a table full of people laughing at the puddle of drool collecting beside my mouth. SML FML.”

Cover up. Jonathan Edwards students were warned in an e-mail Thursday that, due to construction workers on site beginning today, they should close their drapes and keep their bathrobes handy.

Not quite Gryffindor. Yale’s Quidditch team placed third over the weekend in the University of Massachusetts

Amherst’s Veteran’s Cup. The Elis were bested only by Emerson College and UMASS. Yale’s battle-hardened broomsticks will be tested again next Friday against Vold… ahem… Harvard.

I’d like to solve the puzzle! Marty Keil ’12 will appear on tonight’s episode of “Wheel of Fortune,” which airs at 7:30 p.m. on channel 7, WTNH.

Get your art on. This year’s Spring Fling organizers are on the hunt for a logo. The designer of the winning entry will win a backstage pass to the Yale College Council event. The contest ends Nov. 18.

Calling Peter Salovey. Yale lacrosse is joining college lacrosse teams across the nation by growing mustaches for prostate cancer research during November.

This day in Yale history

1989 A Trumbull College Master’s Tea meant to focus on general security issues turned into a discussion about homosexual safety concerns. On Oct. 27 nine participants in a conference for the Gay and Lesbian Studies Center at Yale had been arrested by police.