Two Harvard Business School students in drag allegedly manhandled a cop outside the annual “Priscilla Ball,” where male Harvardians cross-dress and drink tequila. One student allegedly grabbed an officer by the throat, while the other took pictures and said, “This is going to get us a lot of money.” The students’ lawyers claim both are promising business students.

Two new pianos. Davenport has just purchased two pianos for student use. The pianos are currently in the common room and the music practice room Davenport shares with Pierson. In an e-mail, Davenport Master Richard Schottenfeld encouraged all students to use the pianos, adding, in Theolonius Monk’s words, “There are no wrong notes.”

Epic showdown. At the Yale College Council’s “Family Feud Yale,” which took place in the Jonathan Edwards theater last night, Purple Crayon beat fellow sketch comedy group the Ex!t Players, and DKE beat its fraternity rival Zeta Psi by a large margin.

Franco reads poetry. At the James Franco question-and-answer session held in the Loria Center after his movies were screened Thursday, the actor read and analyzed poetry that served as the source for his short film projects.

Connecticut’s marriage equality story will be preserved at Sterling. Love Makes a Family, a coalition that led the campaign for gay marriage in Connecticut, is ceasing operations after successfully winning rights for same-sex marriages. The coalition’s records will be available at Manuscripts and Archives in Sterling Memorial Library.

Domo arigato. The Japanese government will confer the Order of the Rising Sun’s Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon honor to Department of Anthropology Chair and Sumitomo Professor of Japanese Studies William W. Kelly. Kelly will be commended for his contributions to the study of Japanese society and culture in the United States and for facilitating scholarly exchange between Japan and the United States.

Virtual Yale is now a reality: uTourX, an iPhone application developed by Max Uhlenhuth ’12 that gives tours of Yale, is now available for download on iTunes.

This day in Yale history

1987 The Yale College Council claims Alex Mishkin ’89 LAW ’94 propagated false information about leading “the fight for a student center, more funding [and] open YCC elections” during his presidential campaign. Mishkin replied that the allegations were just criticisms of YCC policies.