City | 11:45 am | October 28, 2009 | By Esther Zuckerman

Officials on all levels named as defendants

No caption. Photo by YDN.

Ten New Haven residents, all of whom were arrested during the 2007 immigration raids in Fair Haven, filed suit this morning against U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials of various ranks, who they alleged acted unconstitutionally during those raids.

Defendants in the case include Julie Myers, the former assistant secretary of Homeland Security for ICE, and John Torres, the director of the ICE Office of Detention and Removal Operations during the time period to which the complaint refers.

All defendants are sued in their personal capacities. The suit also cites as defendants “John Does 1-10,” who are described as ICE agents responsible for the “arrest, processing and/or detention of the Plaintiffs.”

Check back for more information on this breaking story.

Click here to view today’s story

Previous Coverage

June 6, 2007: Feds arrest dozens of illegal immigrants in New Haven raids

June 12, 2007: Mayor, Homeland Security face off over immigration raids

August 31, 2007: Immigrant raid fallout continues

September 6, 2007: City rallies in wake of DHS raid

November 9, 2007: State must release raid documents

January 28, 2008: State must release raid documents

April 4, 2008: DeStefano to testify about ICE raid effects

October 6, 2008: Timing of raids may have been incidental

October 7, 2008: Illegal immigrants can testify

January 27, 2009: Federal agents to defend ICE raids

February 13, 2009: ICE raids signal agency policy shift

September 28, 2009: Part 1 of 2: A safe haven, raided

September 29, 2009: Part 2 of 2: The unmaking of a haven

• Brittanicus

NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE E-VERIFY PERMANENT , BEFORE CORRUPT LAWMAKERS SOMEHOW WEAKEN IT? ITS VERY LIKELY A NEW IMMIGRATION BILL WILL BE IN THE HANDS OF OUR POLITICIANS EARLY NEXT YEAR. WE ALREADY HAVE THE 1986 IMMIGRATION BILL, WHICH HAS BEEN INTENTIONALLY ENGINEERED FOR BUSINESSES & OPEN BORDER ZEALOTS. IF IT PASSES A THIRD OF THE INDIGENT WORLD, WILL SWARM OUR UNDERMANNED BORDERS. E-VERIFY WORKS! BY ATTRITION OR SELF-DEPORTATION ILLEGAL WORKERS AND FAMILIES WILL LEAVE IF NO JOBS ARE AVAILABLE. VIOLATIONS OF IMMIGRATION LAWS MUST CARRY STRICT PENALTIES, INCLUDING PRISON TERMS & HEAVY FINES.

In regards 2010 census in 6 months? Those who entered without–THE PEOPLE’S–permission, have violated our laws, and should not, must not be allowed to be enumerated in the decennial census? Is Washington so sure that they will pass this 2nd Amnesty, when Ted Kennedy previous comprehensive immigration reform turned into fraudulent travesty?

Read more information about the ugly consequences of illegal immigration, its costs to taxpayer, the danger to our national language and our culture at NUMBERSUSA. Find undisclosed details of corruption within our government and rampant dishonesty in ACORN at JUDICIAL WATCH. Learn about irreversible OVERPOPULATION and the complete indifference to our failing infrastructure at CAPSWEB. This week the Bay Bridge between San Francisco and Oakland needed repair when rusted cables ripped apart. The Bay Bridge was originally constructed in 1936 and carries 270.000 vehicles a day,

• robert99

Are they illegal aliens? If so it would seem they have no “constitutional rights” since they are not legal and not citizens.

But I guess that this exercise makes yale law school students feel good and gives them a bit of practice.