With a shortage of floo powder, the newly formed Yale Quidditch team did not have the means to travel to this weekend’s World Cup, held at Middlebury College in Vermont. Middlebury, the returning champions, again seized victory, edging out Emerson College in second and Boston University in third.

At least one participant in the YCC’s new bike share program is getting his money’s worth. Yale College Council President Jon Wu ’11 was spotted riding a shiny red bike down College Street on Monday afternoon. To read about Wu’s presidency so far, see page 3.

Fresh off chalking new names for the residential colleges, the Undergraduate Organizing Committee demonstrated at the Investments Office Monday by cleaning the lobby in protest of Yale’s alleged investment in HEI, a hotel operator that the group claims exploits its workers.

Bite me baby one more time. Students who waited too long to get tickets to any of the six shows for the Yale Drama Coalition-promoted “Twilight: A Britney Spears Musical,” which opens Thursday, must place their names on wait-lists ranging in length from 42 to 55 students as of Monday evening. Oops, can you do it again?

“Luckey,” the documentary about quadraplegic designer Tom Luckey ’62 ARC ’66, premiered Monday night on the Sundance Channel. After breaking his neck at age 65, Luckey and his son Spencer Luckey ARC ’04 completed a new project — a giant sculpture at the Boston Children’s Museum for kids to climb.

Trayless dining is a hit at Princeton. Four weeks and 50,000 meals in, the administration has received only three complaints. By contrast, diners in Commons revolted when trays were removed at the beginning of this year.

Due to the persistent calling of Saybrook College Master Paul Hudak’s administrative assistant, Comcast finally restored cable service to Saybrugians on Monday.

Green Party co-founder Howie Hawkins will join the Yale Political Union tonight as it debates “Resolved: Government Should Employ the Unemployed” at 7:30 p.m. in Sudler Hall.

This Day in Yale History

1968 As part of Yale’s preparations for Coeducation Week, women graduate students and employees were interviewed to determine how they feel about learning or working on a predominantly male campus. One graduate student noted, “Yalies here never develop any real relationship with girls. They are only out for a piece of grab.”

Correction: Oct. 28, 2009

An earlier version of this Cross Campus item mistakenly said the Yale Drama Coalition sponsored, rather than promoted, the student production of “Twilight: A Britney Spears Musical.”

YALE DAILY NEWS