Yale’s religious groups played musical chapels this weekend because of the convergence of Muslim, Jewish and Christian services. The Ramadan dinner was moved from Battell Chapel to St. Thomas More on Friday night because the Battel had been temporarily converted into a synagogue for the opening services of Rosh Hashanah.

Christian services Sunday morning were held in a large tent on Old Campus, since Battell Chapel was still in use by the Jewish community for Rosh Hashanah holiday services. Church staff jokingly called the service, which featured drumming and a cappella choir music instead of the usual organ, a “tent revival.”

Music from the Puerto Rican Parade interrupted normal Sunday afternoon studying on Old Campus. The 46th annual parade, which processed along Chapel Street and looped around the New Haven Green, featured beauty queens and a chihuahua wearing a Puerto Rican flag.

Watch out for mosquito bites, as the insects may be carrying a deadly disease. An increasingly large number of cases of eastern equine encephalitis virus has been showing up in Connecticut. Minimizing time outdoors is one way people can prevent infection.

Freshmen displayed their creative side this Saturday at the Lit Magazine’s annual freshman reading. Particularly precocious freshmen read original work while older students enjoyed refreshments and reveled in the freshmen’s talents.

Bring out your dancing shoes and help the Yale School of Music celebrate the 100th birthday of Benny Goodman, the king of swing. The celebration kicks off this Tuesday with a lecture on Goodman’s classical legacy and performances of several of Goodman’s chamber pieces. Festivities will continue until Sept. 29.

Saybrook’s new master showed his sporty side by participating in Friday’s IM football game against Berkeley. The computer science professor, Paul Hudak, was attempting to get Saybrook out of 11th place. Despite Hudak’s best efforts, Berkeley still prevailed over Saybrook’s squad.

This day in Yale history1969 A group of about 20 law students pitched tents in the Law School courtyard, trying to find a “way to go to law school and practice in a way compatible with radical values.” The camp was open to anyone — several members of the New Haven community unaffiliated with the University joined the students — and featured blues sessions and movies.