September 13th, 2009 | Uncategorized

Top law enforcement officials on scene at 10 Amistad St.

The special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, and Yale Police Department Chief James Perrotti (at extreme left) and Assistant Chief Ronnell Higgins (at extreme right) are seen entering 10 Amistad St. on Sunday morning.
The special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, and Yale Police Department Chief James Perrotti (at extreme left) and Assistant Chief Ronnell Higgins (at extreme right) are seen entering 10 Amistad St. on Sunday morning. Photo by Paul Needham.

Investigators have been trickling into 10 Amistad St., the building where missing student Annie Le GRD ’13 was last seen, since about 10 a.m. this morning. Some of the investigation’s top officials just arrived — including the special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, and the Yale Police Department’s top two officials, Chief James Perrotti and Assistant Chief Ronnell Higgins — and could be seen entering through a loading dock to the building’s basement, where the investigators’ search efforts have been concentrated in recent days.

• lily

So glad to see they are “trickling into” the crime scene. This is one of the poorest organized and executed investigtions seen in a long time. That FBI agent smirked through the whole “press conference”, and appears relatively disinterested in the victim in this case. My thoughts and prayers to the family of this extraordinary young woman.

• A concerned parent

I agree with Lily. The FBI agent needs to take several sensitivity courses…she showed little empathy with the victim and was arrogant with the press.

• Rebeccah

I agree, I watched the press conference and she seems like a very cold sarcastic woman.

• Julie

I agree with all. A roll of a press conference is to inform the public so perhaps something can be gained from someone about the disappearance. However, I did read somewhere that maybe they’re not saying too much so the perpetrator doesn’t get info into the status of the case. This is the saddest story I have heard of in a long time. My hope is that perhaps she developed a form of Amnesia — as her friend said on GMA — and is somewhere safe.

• anon

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-annie-le-yale-missing-photo,0,2661037.photo

Is this Annie Le? What time was this photo taken? Who is the person holding the door? What building is this? Another news video quotes Debbie Apuzzo — co-worker as saying she “was here around 11 o’clock” — all reports say Annie Le swiped her card at 10 a.m.
    only using the same surveillance photo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPKsHDcim0k&feature=PlayList&p=25E2CFD49C2BFC1A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1