September 13th, 2009 | Uncategorized

Levin breaks ‘tragic news’ to community

Immediately after the press conference at the New Haven Police Department regarding the disappearance of Annie Le GRD ’13, University President Richard Levin sent the following e-mail message to the Yale community:

To the Yale community:

It is my tragic duty to report that the body of a female was found in the basement of the Amistad Building late this afternoon. The identity of the woman has not yet been established. An identification and autopsy will be undertaken by the Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Our hearts go out to Annie Le’s family, fiancé and friends, who must suffer the additional ordeal of waiting for the body to be identified. I have met again with her family and conveyed to them the deeply felt support of the Yale community.

Law enforcement officials remain on the scene; this is an active investigation, and we hope it is resolved quickly. The University has again pledged its full resources and cooperation to assist all the authorities in their work. I will update you as soon as there is more information.

Richard C. Levin

President

• The Entire Yale Community

Our hearts go out to the friends and family… …

• J.Simpson

Dr. Levin,

Thank you for diligently attending to our friend, Annie Le’s case. We appreciate all that you and other Yale staff members are doing to assist authorities in their investigation. Annie was a good friend and will be missed. She was an inspiration to all. Despite this tragedy, Annie was where she wanted to be – Yale. Again, thank you and God bless.

• Pingback: gurthjulkure