September 11th, 2009 | Uncategorized

University offers $10K reward for information

The University is offering a $10,000 reward for any information leading to the whereabouts of Annie Le GRD ’13, Yale Police Department Chief James Perrotti said in an e-mail to the campus community. He also said that more than 100 law enforcement officials from Yale, the FBI, the State of Connecticut and the City of New Haven continue to work around the clock on the search for Le.

In another new development, Le’s wedding has been called off, a front desk worker at the North Ritz where she was scheduled to by married on Sunday. A member of the family called the North Ritz to cancel the wedding, she said.

• GRD ’09

TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS? Did I miss a zero? All Yale can offer is TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS? I generally have very little patience with the “Yale should pay more because there is a huge endowment” argument – but my gosh, a woman is missing, probably abducted, that’s all Yale can offer?

• Matt

Yale shouldn’t have to offer a reward in the first place. If anyone has information, I would hope they would have a moral conscious strong enough not to demand a reward of any sort. Let’s just keep her in our prayers.

• Is that a Joke?

$10K is only a third of her yearly salary as a graduate student. I would either remove that offer or increase it to $100K. Please!

• GRD ’09

@Matt

Yes, Yale shouldn’t have to offer a reward because anyone who knows anything should come forward.

More importantly, Yale shouldn’t have to offer anything because she shouldn’t be missing.

But she is, and no one has. So, please lets give the friends and relatives of anyone involved a little motivation to turn in some evidence.

It worked in the Eve Carson case at UNC.