Uncategorized | 1:24 pm | September 10, 2009 | By Paul Needham

Blair: Yale made right decision with cartoons

A few hours before Tony Blair walked into the classroom for his “Faith and Globalization” seminar, he spoke with reporters at the President’s House on Hillhouse Avenue this morning.

In the half-hour discussion, Blair spoke about his belief that “if you want to understand the modern world you’ve got to be religiously literate” and answered a question from the News about the Danish cartoon controversy at Yale.

“The whole fury is an example of how it’s important to get a better and easier way of having a dialogue about things of religious sensitivity, for sure,” Blair said. “I really think from Yale’s perspective it made the right decision. Because this is not a piece of original research that Yale has suppressed. That would obviously be a completely different issue. The question is does it reignite a controversy that has already been there or not. I think it was an entirely responsible and sensible thing that they did.”

For more on Blair’s visit to Yale, check back at yaledailynews.com and see Friday’s paper.

• Strappara

Blair must on no account become President of the European Union & must be held accountable in the Hague Court for his crimes. Sign these petitions: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stopblair.html (33256 signed to date) & http://blairfoundation.wordpress.com

Most definitely not! Tony Blair has shown him self to be shallow, corrupt, self serving and vain. He possesses neither principles nor integrity, even delaying changing his religion in case it affected his position. He presided over the dismantling of the British economy with disastrous and far reaching effects and he invaded Iraq against the wishes of the United Nations again with horrific effect. There have been an estimated 133,977,1 civilian deaths in Iraq since the invasion began (& that’s just the bodies they have been able to count). He has lied to and stolen from the British people – shredding large quantities of documents “accidentally” weeks before he left office. He is closely implicated in the deaths of inconvenient critics and he must bear with Bush responsibility for making the world an infinitely more dangerous place for our children.
    He and his wife will go down in the history books as dangerous, grasping buffoons along with Mr & Mrs Marcos.
    If any more reason is needed not to commit the folly of making him President – he has failed abysmally in his position as Middle East Envoy – having been rebuked for failing to report on his progress. He was no doubt too busy holding court in Jerusalem where he occupies an entire floor of the best hotel in town at a cost of £400,000 per year to the British Taxpayer.
    Blair for President? Not if we have a vestige of sanity left